Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We Were Liars

Okay...I'm not going to give the plot, a summary...anything.  All I will say is: READ THIS!  Commit the title to memory and/or pre-order it (or support your local library and put it on hold).



We Were Liars by E. Lockhart is just...wow.  The story catches you and carries you from the first page.  The language is so beautiful and mesmerizing.  I couldn't put it down.  Seriously, I had a procedure done on my back, and the doctor had to scold me to put it away so he could get started.

I received the ARC and thought I skillfully hid it under some papers on my desk at work.  A group of us had been talking about the book, bemoaning that none of us had gotten it, and I'd forgotten I'd requested it.  So...one of my staff came into my office to ask me a question; my not so skillful hiding spot failed me, and in 30 seconds she pounced on the title.  I spoke to her like I do my dog "Drop it!  Put. the book. down!"  (I know, not exactly boss-of-the-year behavior).  She pulled back, replying "I just want to hold it..." as she hugged it to her cheek.

If that's any indication of how much buzz this book is making, you know you're in for a treat. 

And don't worry, my staff person will get the ARC after another one finishes it.  I promise, I share post-read.




We Were Liars is published by Random House Children's.  Review copy graciously provided by the publisher.
Release Date: 05.13.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment