Monday, December 16, 2013

I'm back!

Sorry for the break!  November was an exciting, busy month!

1. It was my birthday- my husband took me to the Brookfield Zoo and Mitsuwa Marketplace.  I stocked up on deliciously adorable baked goodies...and got to see animals.  A seal decided it would be hilarious to pop up out of nowhere and spit at me.  I screamed.

2. The hubby and I went to New England for Thanksgiving!  I hadn't had a Thanksgiving with my parents since 2004, so it was great to celebrate with them and also show my Wisconsin-born-and-raised husband some REAL mountains!  My parents live right between the White Mountains and Green Mountains.  Also, we had scallops.  GOOD ones.  Wrapped in bacon.

3. While out there for Thanksgiving, my sister and I surprised the parents with a special dinner out for their 30th Anniversary.

4. I discovered the band Clazziquai.  I don't even know how to describe them.  Korean-Canadian Acid Jazz?

Google Images/Dark Horse Comics
5. I did some reading.  Nothing new, though.  Serena by Ron Rash (made into a movie with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper!), The Crimson Labyrinth by Yusuke Kishi...and a good portion of Junji Ito's horror manga.




Google Images/Dark Horse Comics
Google Images/Dark Horse comics


Can we just discuss how dementedly awesome Junji Ito is!?!  Every. Single. Volume.  I would just be reading next to the husband saying "This is so messed up!  Like...really effed up! Holy crap! Look at this!" [and I would then shove some expertly penned illustration of effed-uppedness into his face; and he won't even watch horror movies, so you can imagine how well that went over.]






And now...NOW...I am ready for some reviewing.  And there are some fun things planned for this blog!  Stay tuned for some special guests and special features!

No comments:

Post a Comment